In this episode Max and Justin decide to prognosticate about what the home machining shop of the future looks like. 50 or 100 years down the road is it going to be full of modified CNC machines, or will the electronics on those machines render them scrap and only the old school manual machines still be in use? We talk about
- Max’s sea foam green stamping fixture
- Max is working on a new TV stand for the house
- Justin finished his tailstock tap and die holder
- A new mill drill for Justin’s shop. Did he make the Rong choice?
- The Dodge Omni and Shelby GLHS
- Do all VW owners hate Honda owners?
- Max’s hatred for all things Digifant
- Laser bandsaws
- Motivated millennials: will they keep CNC machines going?
- Are we living in an golden era for home shop machining?
- Will the cheap tooling end?
All that and much much more!
You can listen to it directly here:
or you can download it directly.
Subscribe in iTunes (and please rate us!): https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Max’s website: The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw Max’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyofprecision/