In this episode Max and Justin talk with the great Robin Renzetti, Practitioner of the Mechanical Arts (Robin – we hope you have that on your business card!). We talk about:
- Robin’s gifted ability of machining and all things mechanical
- Robin’s resume. A model of a helicopter rotor head. And yes, he made very piece in his spare time!
- A little bit about Robin’s shop
- Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy
- Turcite and gluing it with Loctite Black Max 380
- Other Loctite products
- Moore pattern scraping
- Scraper sharpening
- Spindle design & bearings
- Import collet tricks
- ER vs 5C style collets on work holding – make sure when using ER collets as work holding collets the stock sticks through the entire collet!
- Pot collet runout and Robin’s pot collet setup:
- Jaw chuck repeatability
- Jacobs taper size
- # screw size formula
- Mapp gas turbo torch and silver soldering
- Lathe file body oil
- HSS belt sander backer
All that and much more for over 2 hours of listening!
You can listen to it directly here:
or you can download it directly.
Many thanks goes out to Robin for taking the time to be on the show. Be sure to give him a follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robinrenzetti/ and also subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ROBRENZ
Subscribe in iTunes (and please rate us!): https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Max’s website: The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw Max’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyofprecision/