2 episodes in one month! We can’t believe it either. Don’t worry though we didn’t cut on quantity to get it out – this episode is still over 2 hours. We won’t talk about the quality. Max, Stefan and Justin give shop updates (it has been about 4 months since Stefan has been on – that’s long enough for Stefan to build an entire Saturn V rocket in his basement). After that we talk about making money in the home $hop – when your hobby turns into a business. And no we aren’t the Business of Machining Podcast. In between the weirdness:
- Stefan is busy making telescope parts for
the Hubble Space telescopea local company requiring telescope parts.
- Stefan is on the lookout for a new lathe. He would like a Hardinge HLV (don’t we all!).
- Justin and Max suggest looking at the Taiwanese clones like Cyclematic or Feeler
- Stefan broke down and bought a face mill with carbide inserts:
- Lancaster Watch Tools: https://www.instagram.com/lancaster_watch_tools/
- Max is working on a license plate holder for his AMG.
- Justin’s diamond dressers for the bench grinder are now for sale. You can find them on this site.
- Stefan is the reason why small shapers and grinders now cost an arm and a leg and everyone wants one.
- We talk about turning your home shop into a business. Over the past few years Stefan has done more and more work for clients.
- Keep it a hobby – you don’t want to destroy the fun in your life!
- Stefan does some work for this guy: https://www.instagram.com/stories/watchmaker.kl/
- Justin is upset about all the Bang Good advertising on Youtube.
And much more! You can listen to it directly here:
or you can download it directly.
Subscribe in iTunes (and please rate us!): https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Max’s website: The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw Max’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyofprecision/