Despite our terrible bantering in episode 2, Stefan Gotteswinter decides to come back on. Max and I think perhaps he might be suffering from poor judgement. In the longest episode to date we talk about:
- Stefan’s 1200 km drive to take Richard King’s scraping class and he lets us know some of what he has learned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO9GW0tAOIQ
- Push or pull scraping?
- Justin still can’t get over Stefan having Japanese power tools. Isn’t there a law in Germany against this?
- We talk about Bosch
- We talk about machining titanium
- Max is busy working on his turret for Emma’s tool making competition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_VHt6j_xtw
- We talk about bearings
- And there might be some beer talk. Wrong podcast. Again.
- Moore books: http://mooretool.com/publications.html
- Mechanical and Metal Trades Handbook: http://www.europa-lehrmittel.de/t-1/mechanical_and_metal_trades_handbook-1271/ https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Trades-Handbook-Ulrich-Fischer/dp/3808519134/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495916760&sr=8-1&keywords=3808519134
You can listen to it directly here:
or you can download it directly.
Subscribe in iTunes (and please rate us!): https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Many many thanks to Stefan for coming back on. You can find his website here: http://gtwr.de/ Stefan also has one of the best machining Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/user/syyl.On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stefan_gtwr/
Max’s website: The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw Max’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyofprecision/