When one Phillips isn’t enough. Recorded in between years as Stefan would say, Max invites his brother Thayer and his father Fred on to join in an end of year discussion with our new semi regular co-host Stefan Gotteswinter! In this episode we talk about:
- Fred’s shop that Thayer works out of. Fred has a really nice Rockwell mill (one of our all time home shop favourites) and a Southbend Heavy 13.
- We talk about gunsmithing in the United States, Germany and Canada
- Live free or die!
- CAD and Stefan’s embrace of Autodesk Fusion.
- Stefan machined some really nice Torx screws using his Deckel pantograph.
- Justin is busy making Christmas presents.
- Stefan wants to get a CNC lathe in 2018.
- Max is hoping to finish his Trent pinion mill.
- Both Max and Justin are hoping to get back to semi regular posting on Youtube.
- And finally cars. Max is hoping to get some German iron.
You can listen to it directly here:
or you can download it directly.
Subscribe in iTunes (and please rate us!): https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Many thanks to Fred and Thayer for joining in!
Many many thanks also to Stefan for coming back on and agreeing to become our third co-host! We hope to get Stefan on much more frequently in 2018. You can find his website here: http://gtwr.de/ Stefan also has one of the best machining Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/user/syyl.On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stefan_gtwr/
Max’s website: The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw Max’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyofprecision/
A final note regarding the live stream with Robin Renzetti and Stefan Gotteswinter. We are still hoping to do this in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more announcements!