In this episode Max and Justin take a trip down under, and back to the future, and talk with John Creasey, an avid home shop machinist from Australia. As usual the discussion topics vary considerably, but we do talk a bit of machining. In this episode you’ll find:
- John and Justin get a little teary eyed over the Queen. Don’t worry – we don’t break out in God Save the Queen
- Australian politics: the laws of mathematics are no match for the Australian government!
- John lets us know he has 2 Myfords. His first was purchased by his father when he was 16. Let’s here it for great Dads!
- Electric cars, VW Vanagons, and taking things apart when we were kids
- We talk about scouting, ripping out hard drives, and rip apart day
- Stefan is mentioned numerous times
- Did Max forget to empty his shop dehumidifier?
- Arduinos in the home shop: Edu Puertas (stop motion) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdEtDnvVeoqlKzpquM7IsNA and the Arduino lead screw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaBK9teKUaA
All that and much much more.
You can listen to it directly here:
or you can download it directly.
Subscribe in iTunes (and please rate us!): https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Many many thanks goes to John for getting up early to join us. John’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creaseyjohn/. Be sure to subscribe to John’s Youtube channel (check you his amazing chess set build): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwfr0K9NJKIgxOqYr5TTeJg. John also put together the Youtube Machinists Facebook group.
Max’s website: The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw Max’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyofprecision/