After over a one month hiatus, Max and Justin are back with episode 13!
Some of the things we talk about include:
- Max has had limited time in the shop. What does work always get in the way of what we want to do?
- Justin purchased a sub $200 USD digital read out from eBay. He calls it the Shenzhen DRO. And so far it has been pretty good.
- Justin’s new lathe – a Standard Modern 12×30 Utilathe. It was terribly dirty.
- Which leads us into maintenance. Why do so many people neglect equipment?
- Max goes into the wonderfully simple cone style plain bearings. Keep it clean and adjusted!
- Bearing preload
- How do you keep track of all those oil points?
- The importance of way oil
- Chuck lube. Let the debate begin. Max and Justin like getting sprayed with oil apparently.
- A live stream episode with Stefan Gotteswinter and Robin Renzetti? Let us know your thoughts!
All that and a few tangents (would it be a show without a few?)
You can listen to it directly here:
or you can download it directly.
Subscribe in iTunes (and please rate us!): https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Max’s website: The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw Max’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyofprecision/