Max and I finally got around to recording our first episode of a brand new podcast! In our first episode:
- What’s happening in our shops (it’s getting cold!)
- High Speed Steel – the Scottish man’s cutting tool of choice, and also most dutchmen
- Quit spreading rumors about HSS bluing!
- Don’t feed the monsters: quit buying those end mills in the wood box
- Max’s tip: Do yourself a huge favor and buy a 3/8 HSS roughing end mill for your mini mill (a good quality one will last a long time!)
- They are not Titanium drill bits!
- Max untwists a drill
- We talk for 1/2 hour longer than we planned. Consider it punishment.
- Mr. Pete’s tool grinding video, part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrDr4rYLiAk
- That really old one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7g8yu2iYhY
L.H. Sparey’s Amateur’s Machinist. On Amazon here.
Here is a picture of the TIN drill Max managed to untwist:
We’ll get better at this, we hope. Please leave us feedback.
For now we are hosting it on my blog. You can listen to the episode directly here:
or download it directly.
Subscribe in iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/home-shop-machinists-podcast/id1180854521
Be sure to check out and follow Max on his blog, The Joy of Precision and also his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMt_havo3BxZJscvRCOGcw
My Youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4qMguQuG7N4CFwOP1jyo4A